Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chicken Salad

from the kitchen of Sarah

5 cups shell noodles, cooked (I use whole wheat pasta)
2 cups cooked chicken, cut
1 cup monterey jack, cubed
2 cups diced celery (I don't add celery)
1 bunch green onions, sliced
2 cups diced granny smith apples (can peel or not)
shredded carrots (I never add this)
1 can pineapple tidbits, drained
1-2 cans mandarin oranges, drained
red grapes, cut in half

Mix together in large bowl. In separate bowl, combine:
3 cups Miracle Whip (I use light)
1 Tbs. Lemon Juice
Mrs. Dash to taste (I usually 1-2 Tbs.)
Salt and Pepper to taste
Mix, add to other ingredients and mix well.

The recipe says to refrigerate overnight, but we can never wait that long to eat it! (It's great because you can add or subtract ingredients according to what your family likes)
Serve with cashews on top. Yummy!!!!

No comments: